Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Hello Again



I started this blog for a few reasons in the beginning.  I had lost a childhood close friend, and wanted to try to put my sorrow into words.  I then lost my mother along with my 2 Aunts inside of 10 months and just wanted to write about how I felt in hopes that others may feel as I do and help me to continue life without  them.  After writing just one post, it seemed to help to get me on the path of just writing about my life.  I've continued to stay in my parents home to care for my dad, and wrote about that as well.  In doing so I came across several bloggers that were also caregivers and became good online friends. So my blog became,  In the words of one of those friends, a blog about life.   

With that being said I also at the time of my last post had lost my 3 online blogger friends in about 5 months and that seemed to be more than I felt I wanted to handle at the time to blog about anything, as they were not just online acquaintances, but had become good friends, one of who had told me my blog was not about me complaining, but was about life. So I miss them all, and even though I have had plenty to write about since then, I just have not had the gumption to do it.   


Until now.


And so here it is.  I find that life can be full of trials and tribulations.  How you choose to handle yourself along the way is up to you.   I choose to look at life through love and laughter.  No matter what my life has dealt me, I just  go on, it may not be pretty, but I just find a way to get past it, deal with it and move on.  Sometimes it can be rough and well most of the time it is rough, who am I kidding?

 So Most Recently life has dealt us diabetes and so I found books to guide us on what to eat, how to cook it and how to exercise. In past years we were also dealt a heart attack, so I knew I had to change a lot of bad habits. (Both of these being my husband) So even though my blog is about life, lately I deal with our well being a lot, for instance,  recipes for diabetics and low sodium recipes.  I bide my time with this along with quilting and sewing for the grandboys, as I now have 5, all boys.... It can also be a challenge to live in a home that is not of my choosing, so I write about this as well. 
I also deal with lots of health issues and now am looking at knee replacements, so life can be a struggle for us all.


So in a nutshell, this blog is about what I am doing at any moment, which is caring for the elderly, cooking for a diabetic & heart patient, how I get by at 60, (yes I turned 60)  and sewing or quilting for my sanity, (cause to be quite honest, what boy do you know that wants something sewn or quilted, unless of course its wrapped around a toy?)


So thanks for the visit, stay a while and know that your comments are welcome and your return is always appreciated~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home