Sunday, November 07, 2010

Sewing Frenzy

Last few days I got busy with some sewing and craft making. Not particularly what I am used to doing, but figured I would try it all the same. Just trying my hand in helping out the d~i~l. She is going to sell at a craft show, and asked me to help or just go with. Anyhow, I had a bunch of things I have saved over the years to try, but never got around to it, so here are a few things I've gotten done so far. I had a bunch of felt, buttons and ribbons in my sewing box, so I made these ornaments.


They aren't the best, but these little boogers are not the easiest to make when you have never made them and really didn't know what you were doing in the first place. After about 2 hours and I had only gotten one done, I was ready to pack it in. Doesn't help when you have to do it all on the bed, and then pack it all up to go to bed, then get it out the next time again. (Sorry wouldn't be my blog if I didn't complain a little.)


And then I made a few Hot Pads......... and a couple of Ipod Cozys out of Jean pockets.






My lovely sister had a great idea of some glass bird feeders & I went and purchased the glue I was sure I had enough glass items to put one or two together...but can't find any and am sure they are all packed down in the barn...after the ornaments fiasco, my fingers are much too tired to go digging in the barn.

Well since I have been up since 2:30 I guess I am tired and going to bed now. I am not sure how many hours of sleep I will get tonite......but hope its more than last nite, I don't care if we were supposed to get an hour extra....I am sure I got robbed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dona,
Thanks for coming by my blog and your prayers and support. Yes, Les has been home. He was in hospital for a massive internal bleed. Nobody even realised he was bleeding the first day he was hospitalised, he showed no symptoms. Thankfully, that scary episode is behind us now that he's home where he's slowly mending and getting back up on his feet.

Your sewing looks wonderful. I'm so impressed. I've clumsy fingers and am terrible at craft work.

11/22/2010 4:57 AM  
Blogger dona said...

Thanks Snug, for the info on Les. So glad he is home and getting back on his feet. I hope he will be back to normal in no time and walking the dogs with you on the leash where you aren't supposed to be walking them...:)

Thanks also for the compliment.

11/22/2010 9:23 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

OMG...you are so dang talented!!!!

11/24/2010 11:07 AM  
Blogger dona said...

Thanks Kim!

11/24/2010 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home