Tuesday, February 01, 2011

2-1-2011

February 1, 2011 Ice Storm.

These were pics from early morning. I was actually up before the crack of dawn due to hearing a CRAAAACK at about 4 am. There are so many HUGE Pine Trees surrounding this old house, I worry even on a good day when they will come down in the middle of the nite. So when the Ice started before we went to bed I knew there would be lots of trees laying over heavy with ice......but when I heard the craaaaackkkk at 4am I jumped outta that bed so fast....and hollered at the Shankster. He heard it too and was already on his way looking out. It was some of the 3 pines that are closest to the side/back of the house, but I think just mostly limbs from way up....they are now all hanging over and on the back deck and have slid down the back hill to the driveway. Too much ice still to go out and try to get them all down. I am sure with what has already came this evening and what we are in store for during the nite, they will come completely down.



Now these three Pines at the bottom of the hill sure look different from the pics I took from just the 5 inches of snow we had a couple weeks back! Either they are just heavy with ice or there are some limbs that have cracked on these also.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home