Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary Shankie



I want to take a moment to say Happy Anniversary to my hubby, Shank.

I want to acknowledge that I remembered it this year.



Kind of a long story but the short of it is that I seem to have forgotten it for several years.

Not that he is one to forget, or that the day I married him was one to forget either.

I don't know why, but I just let the date slip my mind for more than one year.

So to the Shankster...I am sorry for that. (but I know he really was ok with it, as I think he might have forgotten it once)



It was a happy day then, and today still happy. I will never forget those first days I knew you and could not get the twinkle in your eyes out of my mind. Even though it has been 27 years, I still love waking up to those beautiful, twinkly eyes.



By the Grace of God our marriage has not only survived...but thrived. We have been through some of the most difficult things a person, let alone a marriage, could handle and came through the other side together. I am thankful I have such a strong guy next to me forever. We make a good team.




Love you Shank and Happy Day!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ME forget............You are the best. Happy Aniv. to you. I love you more and will love you even more tomorrow.

6/30/2008 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh you guys, I am glad you are both together as well. I love you both. Love sis.

6/30/2008 2:07 PM  
Blogger SymplyAmused said...

Happy Late Anniversary!!! Hope it was a great day for you both.

7/06/2008 2:29 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm such a loser..I forgot! BUT...I do remember so well the day you both stopped by my office to show me the rings and tell me you got married!! That was too cool!

Love you both!

7/07/2008 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home