Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Funny Looking Idiot

Well even though we finally got the window in and ended up having a great day finding a glass figurine of an Elf..."made in Japan", I think I got got more than I bargained for that day.

I awoke last week with a swollen left eye and cheek...not just Friday but each day since. (I mean I feel like I look like Rocky each morning.)
At first I was wondering who it was that had come into my room and sucker punched me during my beauty sleep. But since I have awakened to a swollen eye each day since, I am sure that is not the case (That only happens in movies..right?) especially since after a couple of days on my hands and arms, I started getting the itchy feeling you get when you are sure you have walked by a Poison Ivy plant that just could not resist jumping out onto you and making sure to drive you insane in a matter of hours.
Geez, Not again. Not now in the heat. Why do I do this? The Shankster said to me several times don't pull that weed...you are getting too close to those weeds you know you will get poison ivy...but could I listen to him? NO. Such a stubborn fool I am. I was sure that since I had the long sleeves on and the gloves that I was protected. I was sure that even though I had the gloves on and after I was done I washed thoroughly with antibiotic soap, just like the doc told me to do if I ever got around it again, that I was safe. Again what a fool. In a mad rush to make sure to get the work done that day I foolishly put on a left handed glove that had holes in it in the two middle fingers. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Where is the poison ivy the worst at, you ask? Those fingers. OMG...is it ever bad there. But of course when I get it I get it all over and it has progressed as usual everywhere.

Now I am still not for sure what the deal is with my eye as it doesn't itch, so the doc was sure that was not poison ivy......but I am kind of wondering if it is possible that The Shankster might be doing the sucker punching each nite....you know like that is his way of telling me......"I told you so!" :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!! You better start listening to the Shankster if you are going to be around the baby.....................ha lol I feel for you and do hope you get rid of it soon. Did you get a shot? What do you have to do to get rid of it? sandi

7/27/2008 10:58 PM  
Blogger dona said...

I usually do have to get a shot..but this time I was good and have done well not scratching too much. I got some prescription creams and cheap ole clear nail polish did wonders on my hands!
:)

7/28/2008 5:20 PM  
Blogger SymplyAmused said...

Oh no! I've had poison Ivy, it's not fun, not at all!! Hope you feel better.

8/01/2008 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home