Monday, August 03, 2009

One Down, Two to go......

Once again we are out trying to make a bit of sense with the trees on the hill. Some days and most of late it almost doesn't make any sense to try to do anything around this place when it isn't ours. But then again we hate to see it fall down around us and then where would we be?
So we are thinking of doing what we can do on the outside for the summer/fall months. So we went and got yet another Chainsaw. Third one since living here. First one we had for years. Got stolen with all of our other things we used to have in our garage. Second one, was a used one but a good one til Homie got hold of it and tried to dig out a stump with the tip of the blade. Hasn't worked since. So after a bunch of soul searching trying to figure out what it is we are to do with ourselves, we got out the Credit Card and bought a new one. Not the best, but one that hopefully will do the job around here. And yes we are hiding it from Homie.

So we went to work today on the hill and decided to take down one of the 3 Pine trees that were planted in front of the Maple trees. Not sure who or what the plan was but the Maples over tower the Pines and they are all dead...or nearly dead. Seems senseless to not do anything about it. But since being here every time we say anything about the trees, Homie just says the Pines are fine we just need to get rid of the Maples and they will grow fine. But they are dead. So we have never done anything...after all its HIS home.

But I cannot stand it. You can't clean up an area and leave SOME crap. You have to clean it all.
So I took it into my own hands to cut the Pines down. I mean he is always saying, you can do anything you want around here. But any time I have done something, he says something sarcastic about it. I mean if I can do anything....then he should keep his mouth shut about whatever I do. Right? I guess we will see.
So today I decided was the day to cut the trees down. Or at least start. The Shankster went up to the first one and pushed on it trying to show me which way he was going to make it fall.
There was this Cracking sound. I mean it split and cracked and about 6 feet up from the ground the thing fell over and rolled sideways down the hill luckily stopping at the road. (this was one of the trees that Homie said would flourish if the Maple was cut down) I mean you could not have done this to a living tree....The Shankster is my hunk and strong, but face it ...he isn't THAT strong.

Cool. So we went to work, the Shankster cutting the bigger parts and I working to break the branches and putting them into the wheelbarrow to take out back to burn.
I figured we could get it all cleaned up before Homie got home. He might not even notice it was gone. About halfway into the clean up job, and 11am I might add who drives up but Homie. Now mind you this is the day that he is gone from 7am to 8pm golfing/mowing and golfing again.

But he didn't seem to upset. I mean how could he, it was dead and he noticed it was dead too. He even mentioned we should get rid of the others as well. What? Who was this man, and what did he do with my dad?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You guys have been BUSY!!! Looking good!!

8/05/2009 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home