Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nightmares, Dry Tongue & Cayenne Pepper

I am still sick. Its been a week and a day since I started feeling that something was going on.
I usually walk with the Shankster every day for at least 30 to 45 minutes in an ongoing effort to get the knees back in normal working order and to lose weight. So far I haven't accomplished too much.
But I didn't get to get in and swim this year as the lake was 30 feet above water level for months into the spring and summer days. This is where, for the last couple of years I have done my swimming for my knees. Boo Hoo for me. (I want my pool and life back)

So it was like I had to start all over with the walking and could only do about 10 minutes worth at first. So to do 30 to 45 minutes of walking and walking up and down some pretty good inclines, is good for me. Which brings me to a week back when I went to walk and as I was walking up the hill, found myself getting out of breath so much I didn't think I would make it......But I did, & was very out of breath and it took me a bit longer.

My head has felt like I have a can over it for a week now. My ears are stopped up. I am getting these coughing spells that feel like my head is going to explode before I am done. My throat and mouth is so dry, at nite I can hardly get my tongue peeled off the roof of my mouth. (yes I know that was a bit too much information)

So I thought it was time to get my humidifier out. After 2 years it decided it was done & died on me. Crap. After a BIG effort on my part and the Shanksters for that matter to try and repair it (as he just says with anything that doesn't work, go get a new one) I reluctantly went to Wally World and got a new one. After that and buying Tylenol Cold/Sinus pills and liquid coughing meds as well as some throat lozenges, its a wonder my check didn't bounce.

Since this started my sleeping is almost none existent. Either I am coughing, or sucking on a lozenge & too afraid to sleep for fear I will choke on it, or drinking so much water to try and keep my throat moist I can't stay out of the bathroom to rid myself of all the water. (yea, again too much info) So no time for sleep. If that was the only thing. When I did fall asleep, I would wake up almost instantly due to some really nightmarish visions. I felt hot and jittery, like I was going to jump out of my skin & was talking, whining, crying, and hollering at some point in the nite almost each nite for about 4 nites. (Kept the Shankster up with this as I never talk in my sleep)

So I thought what am I doing for this to happen? I am not feverish, so I decided to quit taking the pills/liquid at nite. That did it. Guess I am allergic to them all of a sudden? I dunno but I am not taking them again. After 4 nites of that I was ready for the loony bin.

So now what? I am at the mercy of self medicating myself with homemade concoctions I find on the Internet as my home remedy book is packed who knows where & whatever the Shankster has cooked up in a hot liquid for me to digest. (Beef Broth, Cabbage Soup Broth, Chicken Broth, etc....) My stomach is feeling so overloaded at this point with all the liquids I feel I am about to burst.

Which brings me to the Cayenne Pepper. After the 4th nite I awoke with such an alarming sore throat out of nowhere, I thought I was going to die. Especially since I could hardly swallow my breakfast sausage biscuit. I knew I had to do something, if I can't swallow, what was I to eat? I have to have my sausage biscuit in the mornings..... So I typed in whatever I could think of to find a quick, easy, cheap homemade cure for my sore throat. I found it. Take a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper Powder to a cup of water and gargle, being careful not to swallow or get any on your lips/face. According to several places I found this was a Quick cure all for the sore throat, and that it works as soon as the next day.

So the Shankster ran out and got me some. We immediately went to work. As I watched the Shankster fix it up for me, I noticed he was using a Tablespoon instead of a teaspoon. A big difference I noted, but the Shankster being the MORE is BETTER type of guy, figured this was the perfect amount.

I am here to tell you.......NOT THE CASE WHEN YOU ARE USING CAYENNE PEPPER.

OMG....OMG....That was HOT! My lips were on fire, my tongue was on fire. I am telling you now, do not try this at home. Geez, was that hot. I am never trying that again. I did everything to get my lips & tongue cooled off. The Shankster gave me milk but I found that holding an icecube on my lips and in my mouth for about an hour worked the best. As well as not talking to the Shankster for a minute or so.....Holy Crap was that hot.


I will never do that again...............................ever..........................


even if it did work.

:)

1 Comments:

Blogger William J. said...

Get better please!!

10/30/2009 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home