Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Cold Feet?

My feet are freezing. For the past couple of weeks it has gotten colder each day until it got in the single digits. Big Deal. I don't really mind the cold...actually I prefer it. Mostly because I love the snow. But there has not been much snow, only cold. Thats ok. Doesn't much matter to me.

But when you live in a house with no real heat to speak of unless you go buy it in the form of a plug in appliance, it sort of sucks. Since being here so far we have went through 4 space heaters.
And you only stay warm if you sit directly in front of them. And in this house the plugs are few and far between, and most of those are in use....so that in itself was a challenge.

There is no furnace here but electric heat in the form of base heaters. There is one in every room in the house. There are six rooms. Only 2 of the heaters will actually work properly. Sadly neither of those are the rooms I live in. But so far it has been ok. I usually adjust to most any situation. I don't like to be too hot so its really been ok for the most part.

Except for when you get out of the shower in the morning and you can see your breath, and it isn't from the steam of the shower....Or at night when you try not to drink too much so you won't have to go to the restroom as you have to gently place your hiney on the frozen seat. (about as bad as an outhouse) But really its been ok, so far...(did I say that already?)

For some reason my feet are absolutely freezing. Its been around 68 degrees or so inside the house and outside it has been between 5-20 degrees for the past couple of weeks. Yeah a bit on the colder side, but inside my feet should be fairly warm....wouldn't you think? I like the winter months but of late I have really been thinking of this..


As my feet are so cold.


I have literally been getting up and patiently waiting for the time to come so I can get my booty back in bed so my feet will warm up. The other night I went to bed with not only my jammy bottoms on, but my sweats on over them. I got hot so instead of getting out of bed to take something off, I chose to pull my sweats down under the covers...as my warm sweats hit my feet, my feet thought they were in heaven and so I actually kept them there.

That is until I worried myself sick thinking if I awoke in the middle of the nite to go to the restroom, I would forget they were there and fall flat on my face!

So here I sit with my feet freezing even though I have 2 pairs of socks on, a cover over my feet and under them, and my wool booties on....waiting patiently for 10 pm to roll around. Last nite I cheated and got in bed at 9pm. OMG....what has my life become?



Oh well, with that I leave you this since I have been listening to the weather reports today, and we are expecting some winter weather to come tomorrow. And as you all must know by now...even with freezing feety feets.....I still welcome the snow.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home