Thursday, January 14, 2016

Touchy~Feely Book for Baby



I say there isn't much to sew for a boy except a blanket or quilt, but I am meaning I don't know how to do much else, I don't know how to sew a lot, I just am self taught with what I do sew. I will try just about anything, if I think I can do it.  So when M asked me for a Touchy~Feely Book for Cay's first birthday last year, I decided to give it a try.

I had just been given a few scraps of bright colored material, so decided this would be the perfect project to use them. I also had a lot of scraps from the quilts and blankets I have sewn in the past and I tend to keep everything I think I can use.

I have buckets, baskets and bags that I have scraps in, I keep all and any blue jean material, and any zippers, button, pockets or any kind of embellishments I can pull off of them also. You just never know when you may use them, that's my motto anyhow!

I used this as my front, used some different fabrics for the balloons and name you know for the feely effect!
I had lots of different fabrics and for his 1st Birthday I decided to make a #1 from his older brothers Football number shirt, part of which I had used in his quilt a few years back. I thought if the book survived, he could use the house shoe string to learn to tie.
Just some other fabrics I thought had some "feely" to them like silk, flannel, fleece and felt.

Feathers always good to feel, although I found out later they are way to easy for little ones to pull out!!!  I put the jean pockets in for him to learn to open the snap pocket. 
Last just zippers, belt buckles and ties, along with other different things to feel and touch.

and of course the back, made by Nana!  :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home