Monday, October 30, 2006

Is it Crappie Time Yet?

What a great day it was today...weather wise anyhow. After a week or more of cold, wet, rainy days, today was actually a nice welcome. I had hoped to go to the docks to fish for crappie but of course there was too many other things that needed taken care of first. I got several things done I have been meaning to do for a long time. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day to go...I guess if I am going to go it best be tomorrow. Got news today on my tests that were done last week on my knees and I have to have surgery on both knees...and at the same time..so if it is scheduled for this week, I won't be fishing any time soon. What a bummer! Just when the docks opened up to the public, I have to have surgery? What is up with that? Like I can see it now...trying to walk down the docks with crutches, poles my trusty fishing seat, tackle bag, minnow bucket and of course my Mountain Dew....I am sure Frank will carry most of it..but really I can see me falling into the lake real easy with crutches!! Crutches just will not work on the docks......Its been all summer and I have been patiently waiting for October to get here to go to the docks to fish for crappie...we have so much fun there. We don't keep them too much anymore, but it sure is nice to go to the docks when the weather is nice like it was today and just sit and relax. I can't say I am the best fisherman but I sure do love it. My big trophy catch was a Rainbow Trout a few years ago...but I love to fish crappie and Blue gill also. And the docks are the place for those....... So crossing my fingers that tomorrow will be a fishing day! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home