Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saga of the Cat Burgler

It has been a long few weeks for me as we were the victims of a robbery.
Not too bad as they just got into my dad's car and mine, and then went onto the front porch and took a few things and then went into one of the barns. Sure it was probably kids as they just took things they could get to quick and carry, or at least it looks that way. Like money that was in the consoles (quarters,dimes, nickels, pennies) all the sunglasses, hearing aides, books, hats and gloves.
The biggest and heaviest was tools for the car that were left on the porch. Yeah, Yeah this could have been avoided if we were smart enough to put things up in the barn when we were done instead of leaving them on the porch, or even lock the cars.
But they went into the barn anyway. There wasn't that much in the unlocked barn as they took those things a few years back when we first moved here.
Unfortunately, we keep almost half of the Shankster's medication in the car as we are in it a lot.
Some of which he uses on an "as needed" basis.
Most was pain meds or heart meds. They took that too. I thought I had it hid enough where not to notice...but they dug for it. They also got my asthma inhalers as I keep double, one for the car one for the house.

The Pills were mostly why we decided to call the police.

I am mostly just hating the fact that they did it. Its just so ridiculous and it has made me nervous at nite. As the police suggested we got a motion/security/light/camera.
Not the best, but it will do for now.
I like it and would like to get one for the front and back as well.
The Shankster made me feel a bit more at ease by placing a lock on the basement door. I think that was way overdue anyhow. I just cannot hardly stand this place any more and now feel so vulnerable. I miss my home and my Brinks security system. :( WAHH (yes that was me whining)

The Shankster took care of some other issues in the house, security wise, to make me feel a bit more safe...or at least to where I can have some time to grab my shotgun when I hear them next time! :)

It was a lesson learned for locking car doors as we spent a small fortune replacing the Shankster's medication as he is now in his Insurance Gap..... :( (more whining)
That even made me madder at the little thieves.

I really was unnerved on Friday/Halloween. But it was uneventful. Thank God.
But last Friday as we went to bed I heard the Audio part on the camera. Oh yeah it has audio also. Tells you that you are trespassing and are being videotaped. I love it.
But when I heard it I got more nervous and laid there I think all nite wide awake.
At the crack of dawn I finally ran out and retrieved the smart card to place into my camera to see who the petty thief was...................




Of course, this is me being funny....but Dummy me forgot to save the copy I did get on the video, but I swear that cat looked into the camera just like this. I think it scared a few lives off the sucker! It was too funny, I think I watched it over and over that day...my entertainment for the day......yeah it doesn't take much.

1 Comments:

Blogger SymplyAmused said...

Wow, sorry to hear you are having trouble with thieves. People have no respect for other's stuff these days, do they? I hope you feel a bit more safe now and please DON'T SHOOT your FATHER!

11/18/2008 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home