Monday, January 05, 2009

"THE ROOM"




I finally did the unthinkable. I did a major haul in this "room" we live in. Well not major.....as MAJOR would have entailed tearing out the stinkin paneling and then redoing the walls and even putting in some fresh new carpet.....for a start. So what I actually did was just move things around. For too long it has been the same way and I just could not take it anymore. I am not claustrophobic....but was beginning to wonder. I was beginning to feel like I could not step one foot in "the room" for fear something would fall out from behind the computer/door or off the wall or up from under the bed. I have stashed too much of my belongings under the bed or just anywhere it can be stashed so to be out of sight as there is just no space for anything, since there is no closet to speak of here for me.
But having it this way for more than 5 years was getting to me. Big time. As I cannot find anything I am looking for or need cause I have obviously stashed it and then trying to get it out at the exact time I need it is getting to be a pain in the BOO TIE......And with trying to bring up all my boxes of things from B's as he really needs to have the space for his and M's things (not that he asked for it..I just think its rude of me to keep my things there my gosh its been going on 6 years...the barn is starting to overflow once again. I actually put a dent in the barn this past summer, although most of which I had to burn or trash as it was ruined from being out there so long, I opened up some room in there. Then we had to sell the best lawn mower ever just to get more room (and for other non mentionable reasons here) and now its filling up again. My hope was to go through all the boxes from B's as I moved them here, but with no where to put any of it...that just is not happening.

Gee, I really didn't think I started this as a complaining/whining post.........OH Whatever......... its MY blog. :)

Anyhow I spent all day with the help of the Shankster moving things out and around in "the room". I have literally spent years thinking of it over and over in my mind of how it would work another way. Yes, again I have NO LIFE.......I sit here and think and think and think............Anyhow, its Not the best way as I have arranged it, but I think so far it might work. Its a CHANGE....and I needed a CHANGE of any kind. I was surprised at how easy it was to hook up the computer and all the electronics again. All the stinkin wires can just be overwhelming, especially with a room with only one electrical outlet.


Gee, am I whining again?

Anyhoo, I am hoping to be able to bring up my bookshelves or at least one of them and put in "the room". Maybe change out the lamp as my cute reading lamp just has no room in here and has actually suffered being tossed around. How lovely too would it be to bring up my Library desk? Or my chairs? Gee, I would love to bring up and put up a few wall pockets...or heck I would just be happy with one bookshelf.........


AHHHHHHH....what a dreamer I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger SymplyAmused said...

What? you didn't get TWO rooms to live in..what's up with that??? : )

1/17/2009 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home