Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hope

So I am a teeny bit behind in my posting, I still want to share this particular picture and post first while I am thinking of it.

At 16 years of age, my mother gave me a Hope Chest. I think possibly the real name for them are Cedar chests as that is what they were made of mostly on the inside. The "hope" part I believe, was just because they were a chest used to collect items of clothing or household linen, by unmarried young women in anticipation of married life. Or as my mother put it..In the HOPE of married life.

So for about 3 years I placed whatever I could find into that chest. My first pieces were an 8 place china set that I received as an incentive from a bank where I started my first checking account with. Over the years I lugged that heavy chest from place to place, as after the birth of my son I placed sentimental things in the chest I didn't want to lose. Along with most of his baby clothes/blankets/etc....

Recently, B informed me he was going to make K.B. a Toy chest for Christmas. (The boy really needs a toy chest.) I got the bright idea as he was telling me how he was going to make one and how big, that what if he could somehow use my old Hope Chest?



He did. I think its beautiful. I hope K.B. loves it as well. I also HOPE he keeps those toys in it!








1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Wow! That is gorgeous!! Great job, B!!

11/25/2009 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home