Monday, July 26, 2010

Hot & Humid



If I have learned anything in this life, it's that when one thing goes wrong, it's like a domino effect and it just keeps getting worse by the minute.


It's hot and humid, & I mean HUMID. You don't want to do much outside for the humidity. So you either stay in or get in the air conditioned car and go somewhere, anywhere, as long as it is air conditioned too. We have one room in this house with an air conditioner. My room. If you do things right it can cool my room and the room next to it ok. At least good enough to make do. (Hey, it's all I got) It's the 3rd AC we have gotten in the 7 years being here. Another thing learned, this house chews up and spits out Air Conditioner's like crazy. I am hoping this is not one of them.

Last couple of weeks I have heard bubbling sounds coming from the AC. All seemed good, Air still working, seemed to be draining on the outside ok, but bubbling, so water is somewhere. Finally, one day I came in to water everywhere in the room from it leaking. After careful thought, & trying everything else, we decided to take it out of window. The darn thing was filled with water. And yes, water went everywhere, which if you know this room, everywhere is the whole room and mostly the bed! Needless to say a rotten evening that was. A few of the drain holes were clogged, so we cleaned the AC thoroughly and with fingers and toes crossed, put it back together and plugged it in hoping it would still work as we were drenched in sweat in the 100 degree weather we have been having. It worked...YaY! And no bubbling. It was even quieter.
Less than 24 hours later, it is full again....and water is all over the place, again...?? Please this isn't happening to me, not now, it's hot, it's humid, I am broke.....this is only a bump and it's only because it is hot & humid, Just a fluke, this isn't a real problem only a bump. (this was my prayer by the way as I was cleaning up the wet carpet among other things)


I have let the AC "rest" and tried to not use it until it was a have to...but in this heat it's nearly a have too 24/7. I even emailed and called and left a message at the company who made this AC and got a response I wasn't expecting. "It seems you have a product, Window Air Conditioner, we don'thave information on." WHAT? Didn't I buy this from you and your name is on it? What am I to do with this information? Weird. SO now I am really in trouble now, I thought.

Oh well why would this be any different from anything else in my life. Keep calm, work with what you have we thought. So we take it out and apart again.
So far the AC is still cooling, so we are able to keep cool for the most part, it is just filling up with water so fast so we have been having to turn it off, unplug and drain, which is a real nightmare...not to mention a pain in the butt. And yes we got real creative with how we were draining the water so not to have to take it out and apart every time. Sucking it out with a straw. But Hey, at this point, I don't care, it's hot, humid (ok I know I already said that) and if I have to get up every hour all nite and suck the water out through a straw to keep this thing running, the floor dry, and me cool, I will do it.



This Sucks. Literally.

4 Comments:

Blogger SymplyAmused said...

I have one like that! You are not alone...

7/31/2010 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there should be a drain hole underneath it. and, for ours, it has to "lean" towards the back, in otherwords it's not level....but, the water drains in the yard!!! Just a thought! and, hope it's stillllllllll working. sandi

8/15/2010 7:03 PM  
Blogger dona said...

Thanks Symply, glad to hear I am not alone, was starting to think I was...its a little sick but that makes me feel better. ;)

8/16/2010 5:47 PM  
Blogger dona said...

Sandi, there are several holes and The Shankster drilled a few more and actually ours was leaning to spec. I think we spent several days "sucking" out the water, only to finally take the whole thing apart again. We really don't know what we did, but so far it hasn't leaked since..knock on wood!!!

8/16/2010 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home