Friday, February 11, 2011

Project Pillowcase

Once again I found myself on a project I knew nothing about how to accomplish. M had some more of C's shirts and wanted me to make a pillowcase in the form of a "quilt" style for him. Something to sort of match the T-Shirt Rag Quilt I made him a while back. She wanted one side to be the same as the Quilt in the Flannel fabric. Then the other side to be of the special shirts. I am surprised I didn't take more pics of this but here are a couple.

This was for the flannel side.
As you can see this was as I was laying them out.




Then here is the finished shirt side. This was what I thought would be the hardest as it was from his uniform from football and the material was mesh. It was hard, but I think it came out ok. I had a couple of different colored uniforms to use and tried to get all the numbers and names in. It makes for a thick pillowcase on this side, but looks cute in a tween boys room. I tried to look this up on the Internet and in books to see how to make/sew a quilted form type pillowcase. I couldn't find anything. So I had to go it willy nilly. My first thought was to just sew it all to a existing standard white pillowcase. Simple? Seemed so in my mind. But it was the hardest thing to try to get done, especially with the mesh fabric. I ended up just tearing it all out several times before just winging it my own way. I guess that is just how I roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home