Friday, January 27, 2012

Older Age Brings to Me....



More wisdom perhaps? More happiness? More weaknesses or strengths?


I have been in the mindset of when I get older I will NOT be like my mom or dad, I will be Different, Independent, Cool.... able to leap off tall buildings with a single bound....................Yeah, who am I kidding, I find I am EXACTLY like my mother and I can see my dad in there lurking around.

Help me, somebody, Please!!!!!

I was reading recently how when you are in your 20's its like anything is possible, in your 30's your weaknesses and strengths are confronted and a depression comes round that continues to your 40's and in the mid 40's you are unhappy...then in the 50's/60's you get on an upward trend towards contentment and happiness and things turn around for the better.

WHAT? Better? Better than what?

Ok I dunno who these guys researched but this is how I see my life. I have always felt like I am twenty something, in my mind....(after I was actually 20 something) I have always felt like anything was possible and still do. I don't feel like a depression came round or that I was unhappy or got suddenly happier inside of 10 or so years. I feel the same. Always in a good mood, always happy. Now since turning 50 I can say I am trying things I maybe would not have tried in earlier years....(mindset thing)

Which brings me to this post...(which I think I have detoured from considerably) (but I couldn't figure out what to title this post so this is where it took me)

I bought me some Crocs. Yes Anna, you read correct. I not only bought them I am wearing them some days, all day, and out to KFC once! The Shankster left me alone shopping one day recently and I was feeling like I needed to do something for ME, (yes Sandi you read correct also) I looked the entire store over looking for something for me only.....then, I did it, I found me some Crocs and I tried them on and carried them around the store for about 30 minutes and thought what the heck......

Crocs? I am so surprised at how much I love them. I have never liked them but for some reason over the last couple of years look at them when I see them out and about. I have even tried one or two pair on, and always was sure I could NEVER wear them....even around the house. I don't like them. They are not for me. Anyone who knows me, knows I only wear tennies and they have to be supportive and I wear them from the time my feet hit the floor to the time I go to bed. And I always get white and they are always the same ones until they discontinue them and ....see a pattern yet?

So maybe older age does bring wisdom? Or just the privilege to change my mind whenever I see fit. Yeah, that's it.

But now, Thankfully, My tennies are getting a rest!





Don't ya just love em? And they are MY color. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home