Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Still the 14th


Well we didn't get all the snow that the northern part got, but we are still "stuck" here. All the wind drifted what snow we did get, and so we could not even (if we tried to) get out of the drive. I was determined to get out in the snow today, even if it killed me. Bad knees and all. So I got all my winter gear on and we had to leave out the front door as the wind drifted snow and ice in front of the back door and we couldn't get it open. I was sure it would be a great picture to share so ventured out with Frank and Elvis with my camera in anticipation. I unfortunately forgot that I am not doing stairs well yet and the front 3 steps are huge and I almost shuttered to think of me flying off the first one as it was covered with about 3 inches of ice and snow on top. But of course Shankie was there to help me and I made it ok. The snow we did get has ice on top of it so we felt for a while like we were walking on top of water(so to speak)...until Frank almost took a nose dive after the snow "broke" with him and he went almost knee deep! SO I got kinda scared to take another step but just grabbed onto Shankie and stepped into his steps. Following are some nice pics, not the great mounds of snow I was hoping for, but they will do.

After it all Shank made me a nice egg omelet, with peppers and onions and cheeses, which I haven't had in ages...(did I just say ages? geez how old am I?) anyhoo, it was excellent. So unless something fun happens, this is my post for the day. I have to go and try to make something for dad, its not only Valentine's day but his 80th birthday as well. I think maybe a pineapple upside down cake? Sounds good to me! Its not chocolate, but it'll do just fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

HAPPY 80TH TO HOMER-POOH! YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD DAUGHTER. LOVE THE PICS, I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TAKE PICS. YES MY LITTLE BROTHER TAKES GOOD CARE OF YOU HUH, AND YOU/HIM.

2/14/2007 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home