Saturday, February 10, 2007

One Year Later

One year ago, yesterday, Frank had his heart attack. This was right up there as one of the worst days of my life, and I am sure one of his. I thought about it all day yesterday, especially around 2 or 3 in the afternoon when he had a sharp chest pain. Although it only lasted less than a minute, it still bothered me quite a bit. I want to shout out to the heaven's YIPPEE we made it a year! But don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched. I know very little about Heart disease and heart attacks and bypass surgeries and stents and just about anything to do with the heart. I feel I know more about cancer than I want to, just because of mom. I remember she was happy to have made it to the 5 year mark, after that first bout in 1974. So to get to a year mark after a heart attack, I feel is a good thing. Although I really do not know the facts of time for that. Like I said I know nothing about heart disease, I have, however, this year come to know more than I wanted to know. I did not know Frank got a drug inducing stent and the problems that come with that. I did not know that was the reason he has to take Plavix the rest of his life because of that stent. I thought the stent literally saved his life. I didn't know that because he has one now he will have to walk on pins and needles each day wondering if that alone will be his demise. Now I know you do not have to live your life each day wondering if it will be your last and worrying about such things as this, but these are things we are reading about now, after the fact, and well....we are human.

I did not post yesterday, as I wanted to wait til it was over, so to speak. Even though the 9th was the day he had his heart attack. Today actually is the day he received his stent and we understood just what all was going on in his heart. And thank God that Fred was there with me to go through that. I will never forget what all happened that week, with all the scary moments we had leading up to the heart attack, and the actual day. I am glad that we have made it a year. I was glad at 6 months as we were told if the stent would collapse it would collapse in 6 months. But the year marks more of a better outlook for me. I know we have to watch several things still, but mostly I am glad we are here, And will anxiously await to see what else life has in store for us.

So.........................Yippee, we made it!

1 Comments:

Blogger SymplyAmused said...

Glad he made it! Sorry I've taken so long to make it to your blog. Life has been busy lately as you can see from my sporadic postings on mine : )

2/15/2007 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home