Thursday, February 01, 2007

Did somebody say Truffles?

Ok so its been a while since I wrote about food. So this post is about food. I am having a rotten day. You know one of those days where it seems that as soon as your feet hit the floor nothing goes right? That's the one I am having today. Didn't get to the bathroom fast enough (no not that!!!! just to get showered and dressed!!) That was just the first of a bunch of things that didn't go my way. (Don't want this to be a rant post again, so that all for now) I had to go get some prescriptions filled and decided on my way that I would try the Walmart new prescription thingy where you can get some filled for just $4. My sister-in-law told me about that and so I thought HEY WHY NOT? Of course it seems that NONE of the medicines I take qualify for the $4 thingy...of course! But Frank told the lady to go ahead and fill the sucker and then of course she said it would be about 40 minutes! OK so what to do in Walmart for 40 minutes? Especially when you told yourself you had no more money to spend this week..except for the all important prescription medicine. So we did the usual, walk around until my knees decided they were going to lock up and Frank would make me a seat wherever I was at...don't ask. I even tried on shoes again, so not to look goofy just sitting for no reason on that little trying on shoe seat. Oh and these were real cute too kinda moccasin types shoes, but of course they were like being barefoot for me and thats a big no no...of course. Ok where was I? Oh yeah, we made our way to the FOOD section, and so not to spend money I didn't have, decided to not go around each aisle. Instead went directly to the bread and bananas as that, along with my prescription, was all I was planning to get. Then Frank asks what we were having for dinner tonite and my response was...well heck I can't even remember. Then he tells me that wouldn't it be nice to get one of those big loaves of french bread and a couple different types of lunch meats and go home and make our own sub for lunch? Well sure! You don't have to ask me twice when it comes to bread. Or any kind of food for that matter. So we got some good stuff and went back to the pharmacy to get my prescription. There was a guy in line and I decided to take a sit as my knees were done in for. I no sooner got sat down than 3 more people were in line. Frank said he would wait in line for me. Too sweet. But the people just kept coming and I noticed one lady had already played on Frank's kind heartedness and got in front of him, and there were 2 more trying. As he inched up towards the counter...this one lady was doing her best to come in on the side of the line and was evening up her cart to get in front of Frank...as he noticed this too, he eyeballed me to get my butt over there! I did and she didn't like it and let me know so in so many words she kept whispering....Heck it wasn't like we were in line for a ride at Disney World or lunch at Panera's...Frank was simply waiting in line to get my prescription as I was sitting on the sideline. But she didn't seem to see it that way. She was so close to me I could smell the brand of cigarettes she smoked...and I don't smoke. But she was not getting in front of me..bad knees or not I was standing my ground...I had a bad morning Lady, so back off! So needless to say this was all a bit stressful after the morning I had too, and so the sub Frank fixed when we got home was delicious and made my afternoon. The bread was fresh and the meat and cheeses he put on were great and then he added some banana peppers to it and toasted it. Yummy is all I can say.

Now I ate it so fast I could not get a picture of it. You can trust me it looked about as good as it tasted. But what I did get a picture of, was this package of chocolates that we just discovered Monday after eating at Cracker Barrel with my dad. He had a gift certificate he wanted to spend and when we didn't spend it all eating breakfast/lunch we each grabbed some candy there to try to wipe the gift card out. Frank found these individually wrapped chocolate truffles and got 3 of them. WOW is all I can say. The Dark chocolate is Frank's favorite, when you bite into it, it is filled with soft milk chocolate. We thought that was all they had....................until today. After the pharmacy line incident we got into line at the front counters and found these in a package of about 16 or so...(I am not sure as I do not know how many Frank ate) They were just $3.12 and had 3 different flavors. Dark chocolate, Milk chocolate and White chocolate. All with a soft filling inside of milk chocolate. A good deal I thought, so what are you waiting for?





Yes, this package is empty..only one left......I had better make a run for it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too funny!

I can see your face when that lady didn't like you "getting in FRONT OF HER"! How old do you think she is? ha, it reminded me of your "letter" from Lizzie. I know you and Frank had a good laugh on the way home. ha. Yes aren't those chocolates sinful?

2/02/2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger dona said...

WHAT???? YOU knew about these and didn't tell me???? :)

2/03/2007 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home