Monday, March 05, 2007

I hate SKUNKS

THEY ARE BACK!

GEE WHIZ, just when we thought we were safe. It seems that the past few weeks have been nothing but one thing after another of problems we can't or don't have the means to solve.. and even though the Raccoons have been here and gone...they didn't do much other than be noisy and irritate us by just knowing they were here and we could do nothing about it. But after 2 years of not having to worry about the skunks...they are back with a vengeance. After the skunk incident of 2004, I knew I never wanted to see another skunk, let alone smell one.
Elvis got the brunt of it last night just before going to bed. Poor thing. As I let them out, Lil Bit was slow to get off the porch, but before we even got off the first step, Elvis was running back to me and it was then I heard and noticed a Large Black Dog running down the driveway. Although I thought it was funny Elvis was running to me instead of running after the dog, I just thought he finally, after all these years, was minding me! Boy, was I wrong. We have a stray Black Chow that runs around town and usually ever so often is in our yard especially at night. So when I saw the big black tail hiking it down the drive I was sure it was the chow again. But as I moved over closer to the edge of the deck, I got a wake up call...PEEEUUUUUUUUUUU
Oh my gosh, that smell was sooo bad and it was then I noticed it had gotten Elvis head on! Poor thing, his eyes were closed and he was sneezing and he couldn't see and well let's just say he just wanted to go inside!
I had to get Frank up and he had to go out at 11pm looking for Tomato Juice. The skunk must have been close to our car as he said when he got into the car he took a minute to look in the back seat as he was sure the skunk was in there with him it stunk so bad.
Luckily there was still some snow around and he kept rolling in it to try to get it out of his eyes...I think it helped some, finally his eyes were open. At least that kept him busy until Frank got back.
So our night was not the greatest as we stood out in the cold pouring Tomato Juice all over poor Elvis freezing our butts off...not to mention his. Then we kept taking turns pouring the juice on him and then Frank was in the shower hosing him down with whatever we could think of to get the smell off. By this time, we didn't know if it was him smelling or us or simply the house! It stunk sooo bad. Frank took a whole bottle of baby powder and dumped on Elvis and spread it throughout the house on the floors! Let me tell you, skunk and Johnson & Johnson's baby powder does not mix too well. But anything was an improvement.
We finally figured it was all we could do and at about 1am we were done in.
Elvis was too.
This morning we opened all the doors and windows we could, and finished washing all the blankets and towels and throws. I still think we will smell it and smell ourselves for days. Its almost worse than in 2004 when mom was here and that was bad. I can still hear her telling dad that we told her we were having skunk stew, as she kept asking what the smell was, so we just told her we were cooking skunk stew thinking she would be satisfied with that. She was until dad got home and couldn't wait to tell him. I remember she only would eat food that was red and we fixed her tomato soup that night and she whispered and told Frank that was the best Skunk stew she ever had.

I went ahead and give Elvis a haircut as his hair was too long as I haven't been able to give him his regular cut since my surgeries. Glad I did as he smells fine now. But I thought I would choke while trimming him. I mean all night I would awake to a skunk smell and I thought the darn thing was next to me...man its in my lungs, I can hardly take it. I even think I am burping up skunk....I have a skunk headache too.....

Yeah, yeah...gimme some cheese with this whine, or heck just gimme some wine,
as I am gonna need it, cause who knows whats gonna happen tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger SymplyAmused said...

I feel for you. My ex bf made the mistake of accidently stepping on the opening of a skunks den. I do know what STINK is...!!

3/06/2007 11:15 PM  
Blogger dona said...

Oh my gosh.....it is UnBelievable!!! Poor Elvis sneezed yesterday and WHEW!!!! its still in there! hahaha

3/07/2007 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home