Saturday, April 28, 2007

Fire

Even though most nights I don't sleep well and awake in the early morning hours, I sure would have rather awakened this morning for a different reason. Our neighbors home burned this morning. I awoke to Frank yelling that the Farmer's home was on fire. I have known these people since I was.....well my whole life. These are two of the best people I know. They are in their 80's. As I got to the front door I just could not believe my eyes. The fire was so high up and so huge I just could not believe it. Most that it was on fire but also as I have never witnessed a house fire. You see them on the movies, in the news and in the papers, but I have never seen one right in front of me that was also one that was occupied by friends. I just could not tell you what it was like. It was just horrible. We made sure that they were safe and went about trying to figure out the best thing to do for them at that moment. Its been a long day.
Farmer built that home by himself that I know of about 35 years ago. He cut the wood and built each room with that wood he cut and each room I believe was of different types of wood. One room in particular I remember was of cedar. The stairs were of red oak and white oak. Very beautiful. I remember he made specifically a large frame that mounted on the dining room wall for his wife for her to place her pictures of their family and friends. It may not sound like much but it was their home for over 35 years and I am saddened today that its gone. Thank God they got out in time and that should be all that matters.
It is all that matters.
But I only wish I had the means to help them rebuild. They had no insurance. If anyone stops by to read my post today please say a special prayer for my neighbors. I and they would appreciate it.

3 Comments:

Blogger dona said...

Thank You! Nice to know I have visitors too! Thanks for stopping by, and hopefully, I'll keep it interesting! :)

4/29/2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger SymplyAmused said...

Awww...I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbors. I'll say a few extra prayers and yes, they lived. That's important but it doesn't erase all those memories lost in mementoes.. : (

4/29/2007 10:20 AM  
Blogger dona said...

It sure doesn't! I feel so bad for them. Thanks for the prayers!

4/29/2007 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home