Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Cake

Yesterday started out as an early day as I had a doctor appointment in town at 7:30am and so of course with an hour and a half drive ahead of us we had a real early wake up call! Things went ok but, I had to have extra tests done and it went longer than the usual hour visit. We got to visit J for a few minutes and then off towards home as the dogs were surely hungry and needing to go out. After being home a few we decided to head out for our once in a while road trip to Illinois for a Mega ticket. (still hoping for the ship to come it with a dollar ticket!) On the way back we decided to make it a full trip and visit Sam's as well but on the way there we remembered we had not eaten so Frank decided to take me to Panera's for a nice hot bowl of soup! Yum.
Ok so it was a good time to go as the lunch rush was gone and it was too early for dinner and the soup was fresh and hot and it was so cold yesterday it went down great. So good also was the free sample offered to us on the way out, some kind of Apple Pastry that was yummy and enough that I didn't need to buy anything else! Frank however had already decided to get us a Pineapple Upside down Cake for the ride home. The lady was nice enough to put it into a plastic covered dish and even gave us 2 forks! wow. Nice lady.
As I said we were going to go by Sam's on the way back home and got into the car and drove that way. Frank took a couple of bites and then handed it to me as he needed to pull into traffic, and of course you know you should never eat and drive. :) ( safety tip #1)
I decided to use my fork and cut the cake into pieces for Frank to be able to eat easier while driving as I was actually full from my free sample. If you have ever eaten at Panera's and gotten one of these scrumptious cakes you will know that it has a full pineapple on top. And with the stinking plastic fork, I could not get that sucker to cut into at all and in the process I managed to crumble a whole half of that cake into a million crumbles. At that moment we came to a stoplight and Frank was like so ready for another piece of cake...I just handed the whole dish to him and said its all yours.....he laughed for a minute at how I managed to crumble the cake but said too while cramming his face that it all went down the same...so good. About then the light changed and he said, "Oh do you want a bite? Here hold this." And with that I really don't much know what happened but to say that in one swift moment I felt what seemed like a million bits of cake hit me like a brick......several even hit my forehead and fell thru my glasses landing on my eyelashes....at first I could see nothing and then through my right eye I saw nothing but pieces of cake all over me, my lap, the car seat, the car floor over the dash into the radio you name it there was cake on it. I had on an all black sweat suit and the interior of the car is all black. It looked like it and me was decorated in polka dots. Within a second I was not for sure what to do, and then, Frank and I both started laughing hysterically. I mean we laughed and laughed so hard I can't believe we didn't get into an accident....let alone pee our pants. Something you should not be doing while driving. (safety tip #2)
Frank was in the lane to go to Sam's but then jerked over and said he didn't think we needed to go there just then, all the while laughing...and just kept driving with me looking like Popeye and some weird woman with food all over her! We finally found a place to stop and just before stopping Frank said, "I wonder though, where that big piece of cake went? About that time I looked down and just on top of my shoe on my toe area was a large intact piece of cake. I said there it is! He looked at it and said, "wow its all there!" I am like, "Are you going to eat it?" He said, "Are you kidding me..Of course I am."
And he did.

I guess the moral of this story is.......................................



You can SPILL your cake, and eat it too!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home