Friday, April 27, 2007

A Fishin Story



This is what Frank was doing when we went fishing last week.
I can explain.





Finally after a lousy year of not going fishing at all....we took a day and went last week. We really just went to the park on town so I could check out the beach. My knees are so bad still, I was thinking that walking in the water on the beach might just help me some. I mean really, what could it hurt???? Anyhow the beach was under water and we really could not even tell where it was......but just being near the water we both caught the fishing fever and decided to make sure we went the next day. We went the the docks at Paynetown instead, as we knew it would be easier on my knees and I took my lucky fishing chair too. It was so nice and we had the docks to ourselves as no one else was there, which is really odd as there is always at least one other fisherman there, so after a few minutes we thought it was maybe because everyone else had already been there and caught all the fish. But it didn't take too long when the fish started biting. And I wound up catching around 50 myself! I was beginning to think I had lost my fishin mojo...but its still there and after all the good size crappie I also landed a nice 13 inch crappie as well! (I have proof on the cell phone camera, but it was too lousy a shot to post)
Frank did catch a few...but I have to say once again I blew him away with my over the limit catch...not to toot my own horn or anything.... :)



But for the pic explanation.....This is the same dock that Frank lost his new pole 2 summers back when a LARGE fish, we never saw it, but knew it was huge as his pole was bent almost in half and finally he lost his grip after several minutes, and the pole went in with the fish still on (we were sure of it) as he managed to grab it as it hit the water but only to lose his grip again.........so each time we have went back to that dock he reminisces over that lost catch. And we even have tried to drag that area several times in hopes of retrieving our pole. So I think he was daydreaming a bit about the nice Big Fishing Story we both could have had to tell from the docks that day.



Who knows maybe the big fish is still attached?



OH and in case any fish enthusiast's are wondering.....It was a complete "catch and release" day.

2 Comments:

Blogger SymplyAmused said...

I miss fishing. The quiet, serene, let your mind wander kind of day that goes with it. Sighs. I'm envious. : ) Glad you enjoyed it!

4/28/2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger dona said...

Thanks, we have missed going too, maybe we should give you a call next time we go? :)

4/28/2007 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home