Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday

Got a lot done in the days Homie was gone, but since he came home on Wednesday I haven't gotten much accomplished. Maybe I am just exhausted from working so hard to get things done before he got back and just need the rest. I did nothing all day yesterday...I mean I don't think I did more than just sit and stare for the most of the morning. I wanted to paint but just couldn't do it. We decided to get some much needed groceries in instead and I had to sit while putting them into the fridge! Now that's tired!
I think we were stunned when Homie came in on Wednesday and actually did not notice anything as he walked in and through the biggest changed room. I mean when you change the walls from white to brown? But as he walked by us and into his room, we just smiled at each other, and then we heard him say..wow it sure smells good in here! Smells good? Ok, I'll take that. And we did...we took that as a good thing and ran with it and showed him all the changes we made to the two rooms. And he actually seemed to like it all and said nothing to the contrary or nothing sarcastic. WOW....I could not believe it. We went to bed at peace. Wondering if he really did like it all, or has he read my blog and decided to not be a smarty pants? Who cares? We made the change and we like it and are happy and he seems to be ok. Now we can live a little like we want or are used to...in a small sort of way.
Yippee.
And now Ammeg and Neel can come and visit with us in a room that smells good. (according to Homie)

Looks better too.

I had more painting to do to the trim today but got sidetracked with a surprise call from my BFF, Ammeg. And it was a surprise, as we never call each other much only email and in the nine years I have been emailing her, I think I can count the number of times we have spoken on the phone on one hand......maybe two.
After the call I put up my paint and decided to try at it again tomorrow. I had other things to do. (per Ammeg) We have lived on no breakfast or lunch and only bologna sandwiches since Homie left last Friday as we were so busy we didn't think to eat until we were tired and ready for bed. (but sadly I don't think it helped me to lose any weight!!!)
So today we got to treat ourselves (and Homie) to a pizza and bread sticks at Pizza Hut. Man was it even more yummy than I can say. I think I will remember this pizza for a long time to come! (Thanks to Ammeg & Neel)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Okay, imagine this in my best Homer Simpson voice.... "Mmmmmm, pizza!"

8/29/2007 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home