Thursday, July 26, 2007

What the heck is that?

I would like to say I have a green thumb....at least I thought I did...but am not so sure any more. Heck, I am not sure about anything, anymore. I mean this past year for me has been kinda weird to say the least. This turning fifty thing I think is gettin to me. I am doing things I would never do, feeling things I have never felt, saying things I would never say and also NOT doing things I would always do! I feel whatever I am touching...instead of turning to gold...is going sour! NOT that everything I have ever touched turned to gold...if so I would not be here whining. Its just another one of those sayings that are stuck into this brain. But I would like to think there are a few things I can do and do well. But it seems any more anything I thought I could do....I can't! I mean what is up with that? I have planted many a garden and put up many a green bean..........but this garden we put out this year is just weird. First off the icicle radishes grew to over 2 feet tall, but not one radish? There are about 100 tomatoes but not one is red yet....The stinking cabbage plants I thought were doing fine and although I had never planted cabbage, thought they were doing great and thought the beautiful butterflies surrounding them for the past week were loving my beautiful cabbage plants too. They were! Little did I know these pretty buggers were laying eggs all over my cabbage and they were turning into worms and eating my cabbage! (Guess I should have researched that one before......)



But.....YECH!
I pulled all those bad boys and cleaned up that area good!
NO WORMS IN MY GARDEN!



Which brings me to this....








How does this much vine only produce.............................................................









this teeny thing??????????????????















Now for anybody who does not know.........THIS IS A WATERMELON....I got the cooler and ice...somebody better come on over and help me lug this dude in. I'm ready for a melon eating contest!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hmmm...I don't much care for fuzzy watermelon...but I do see in a later post that you have been taking good care of this baby!

8/08/2007 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home