Monday, August 06, 2007

The Garden

The sweltering heat has really gotten to me the past week. It had seemed to leave for a few weeks and it was pleasant enough to get out and do things. Even though there has been plenty enough inside to finish, with the heat its too hot inside to get into too much also. (No Central Air Conditioning...UGH!!)


I was afraid the garden would suffer, but to my surprise it is still ok. The cucumbers have amazed me and I have gotten several refrigerator pickles out of it so far. YUMMY. Only about 3 tomatoes so far, but the sun was not getting to them good enough until Shank and I decided to free them of the wall dad put up at the side. Since doing that we have gotten 2 more and they were delicious. I only hope I can get a few more. The zucchini are beautiful each morning and these flowers they produce are lovely in the early morning. I just love how they curl up so tight. I hope I didn't plant them too late. Zucchini bread will be just that
much more yummy knowing I grew the zucchini myself.



The bell peppers are slow but sure.



And we now have 3.....yes I said 3 watermelons of bigger than bowling ball size! Yahoooo! I guess I spoke too soon on the "what the heck is that" post. But hey I have been known to be wrong once in a while........


Uhhhh....What?


1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You? Wrong? No way! I don't believe it! I always count on you to give me the right answers!!!!

8/08/2007 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home