Sunday, July 22, 2007

"B" to the rescue































Finally.

After months and I mean months of not having curtains/drapes/blinds due to the windows not being finished, (and honestly not knowing just what to do) finally, B came to the rescue. Now it was not his problem but he is doing his best to complete our window fiasco. He is a good carpenter, and does some extremely good inside trim work as his trade, but he knew nothing about putting in a window or completely finishing the outside at all. After trying ourselves to come up with a solution Shank and I decided nothing we were trying was working at all. So we reluctantly went on to yet another project in this unending list of projects to make this place somewhat comfortable and somewhat energy efficient. HA..did I say energy efficient?
Whatever.....
Anyhow, We finished the 2 doors to.... not what we wanted, but what was ok to live with and got them finished up with blinds and curtains from our home. We waited on dad to help but as usual no help from him. He kept saying he would have someone come and give us a estimate on finishing up the outside trim on the windows...but after more than 2 months we were sure he did nothing...just as he has done with the house..but that's a whole other post. B finally got all his ducks in a row and came up Saturday with a van full of supplies to try and help us. Did I just say Ducks in a row? Geez, I am having a meltdown I am sure.






But after him having so much happen of late...Transmission replaced, compressor needing repair, nail gun poop out and the brushes on his saw needing replacing, he finally got here. I actually gave up on him coming here weeks ago. I figured with him having so many problems himself...how could he possibly come here to fix all of mine? So it was a big surprise when he said he was coming. He just brought supplies he had laying around his garage and started right in as if he had been doing this forever. I have to say, even though our heart was set on the break metal trim...we are so happy with what he did. Especially since he had no idea of what he was doing. Well I guess he had some idea he just had never done anything like it before, and was a little worried about it too, I might add. As usual, my mind is blank now and I cannot think of the material he used but I think he did an excellent job with it and we hope to be able to work around this...or maybe we will be done when he has completed all the windows and just leave it as is. We are confused at how much we should keep doing when no deal was completed as said and are just as confused at how much we can take.










But I wanted to post these beautiful pics of the great job my boy did. I am so proud of him and how he stepped up to help his mom yet again.
and finally......two windows that match! Yippee!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless Brandon! The windows look wonderful!

7/23/2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger SymplyAmused said...

Awww Sweet! Sometimes family does surprise you (in a good way) : )

7/24/2007 7:44 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Love me some Brandon! He is so stinkin' cute! After we stopped by Sammie told me she thought Brandon was cute..and she's right! I wonder how many crashes there were on your road as the girls were driving by and saw him out there without his shirt??? :o)

8/08/2007 7:53 AM  
Blogger dona said...

:)

8/08/2007 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home