Monday, December 01, 2008

Corduroy Slacks

Its been a day today. The Shankster and I first decided we would get up early and head out to Walmart to get a few groceries. Not the most fun thing in the world to do but it is just about all we have to do anymore.
Now yesterday Homie decided again to take his car in for some more body work, (Don't ask me) and without my knowledge had someone from Church take him about 50 miles to the repair shop and then back home. He let me know about it around 9pm last evening when I was going to bed. And by let me know I mean he asked me to take him to retrieve it the next day. I got up early as I was hoping to take him golfing...but it snowed. So as we decided to leave he expressed his desire to go shopping.
But not where we were going.
So after my grocery shopping I then had to take Homie shopping before going to get his car back. OMG.....I hadn't been clothes shopping with him in about 2 years and I had forgot what a treat it is shopping with him. He had his mind set on what he wanted and where he was going to buy it. Corduroy Slacks. He said it was the only store that had them. For some reason in the car on the way I told him that surely another place would have them.

Stupid, Stupid.

After finding them at the store he had a coupon for, he decided on going to the store I suggested. Of course that store was at the other end of the mall.
I like to shop, so just decided to go with it and just shop while he was searching for his pants. I forgot you cannot do that with him. He gets his mind set on what he wants and when he is done he will just hang on your every move. So we just searched for the slacks.
Each store we passed that had mens clothing in them we stopped to shop to maybe find some Corduroy Slacks. Gee I didn't realize most places only have one style of Corduroy...Jean type. I like them but Homie didn't.
We ended up at every store in the mall and back to the original store we started.
I suggested he try them on as Every time in the past I have went with him and he has purchased any type of clothing he usually takes it back if he doesn't try it on, so thought it was wise.

Geez, am I Stupid or what?

He picked up his size and we walked towards the dressing room. I headed towards the chair outside the dressing room to rest. He passed up the dressing room and took the pair of pants right into the Men's Restroom. When I saw where he was actually going, it was a bit late as he doesn't hear and Even though I was yelling at this point he went in anyhow.
I thought oh no, Security will be here in 2 seconds......I yelled again and nothing, I banged on the door. Nothing. Finally, Reluctantly I might add, I went in. I yelled for him and finally he came out and just looked at me like what was I doing in there? All the while I kept look out for security, and was sure as I was yelling and acting a bit weird looking over my shoulder and then going into the MEN'S restroom I was sure they were coming for me. But they didn't. Shows ya the Security in that store was sure on top of it.
SO I got him into the dressing room and of course he came out and they were the wrong size. I offered to go get him another pair. He started following me with the pants on and no shoes. I like to never got him to stay with his clothes and wallet. I hurried as fast as I could but before I knew it he was right there behind me.
Then he came out with out his shoes on.
Then he forgot his coat.
Then while waiting in line to pay for the slacks, he wondered if maybe Sam's Club might have them, and we should go try there?


OMG.......thats about all I have to say other than I sure hope it doesn't snow tomorrow so he will go golfing..... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home