Saturday, January 28, 2012

One Down...

And a few hundred to go...Recipes, that is. Good Recipes, Diabetic ones....

ok I was writing that to the theme song of the Beverly Hillbillies, and it was a lot funnier in my head....anyhow,
Explanation.....

We are on a Diabetic Diet. Which is harder than you can imagine, not that I ever imagined what it would be, but lemme tell ya, this is hard. Especially when you have more to feed in a dinner meal than just the one diabetic dude. But I am making it my mission to not let it seem like we are making too much of a fuss. LOL, fuss? who am I kidding, I have an online calorie/carb counting journal, Print them out each day to go over, went to the bookstore and bought 2 books, have spent literally days on the computer googling information and am getting advice out the wazoo from all kinds of experts, (the ones you don't pay for, you know, the free kind) & I thank you all, and I think I am even dreaming about what to and what not to eat each day. But its all good, we are getting it and doing a pretty good job at it I might add, for a couple of newbies. We have on the second week lowered it considerably and have maintained it for a week. So now just have to work on getting it down more to the desirable goal.

One of the books I got was a Fix it and Forget it Cookbook for diabetics. I love it. Hundreds and hundreds of recipes for the crock pot. (the fix it and forget it part) And since I have a NEW and Larger Crock Pot, I am loving it even more! The best part I found in this cookbook is that you can pick up the book open it to a recipe and chances are good that you have all the ingredients in your kitchen....no need to run out and spend more money on something you normally don't ever buy. So double loving that part.

So far I have fixed 2 recipes from the book, loved them both but today got to use my new Crock Pot. Today we had Pork and Cabbage Dinner. Total Carbs only 9gm! The ingredients sounded iffy at best to me as it called for slicing up an apple & placing beef broth in with it, but whoa momma, it was delish.


Well now its time to say goodbye to Jed and all his kin.
And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin' in.
You're all invited back next week to this locality
To have a heapin' helpin' of their hospitality

Hillybilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear


Yes, it is official, I am an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home