Wednesday, February 01, 2012

We Did It!

Or I guess I should say the Shankster did it!

About 2 and a half weeks ago his blood glucose was up to 311 and a surgery/procedure was halted. So then his journey began as a diabetic. When you are mostly clueless at how to begin this process, it can be very daunting to say the least. But I think that is where the WE part comes in. :)

We searched for info and bought a few books, listened to family and the doc. I at times felt like a total dummie and searched for a book that stated that, Diabetic for dummies. (I didn't find it but am sure there is one) At times his level got up to almost 400 and I got very worried. But I have to say I am very proud of him. I don't think I could be so diligent at keeping the carbs/sugar at bay. After all I am a chocoholic.

But he is doing very well I think, and after only 16 days his level today was 99! I know that still may be high, but I think its great, especially after having numbers in the 3 digits, I am was happy to see that number come up.

Good Job Shankie!

2 Comments:

Blogger dona said...

Thanks sweetie it is because of all your hard work and efforts that I have these results........I love you so much.

2/02/2012 9:28 PM  
Blogger William J. said...

99 is normal!!

2/26/2012 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home