Thursday, December 28, 2006

Cabbage Soup

The last 2 days have been real nice, (with the exception of one thing, which I will not go into right now). Tuesday, the day after Christmas, I got to go with my sister-in-law and nieces shopping. It is a tradition she has done for years but I have got to do with her for the last 3, and I enjoy it. The girls had Christmas money and gift cards to spend. I really wasn't expecting to get to go but she said she would happily push me around in the chair on wheels if that is what it took for me to go. So I went. Luckily, I managed it all on my own. And did pretty well if I do say so myself. I even got a good bargain for $9.99! So I was happy. Yesterday, Frank and I got up and went up to Indy to go grocery shopping at Meijer's. I don't know where all the groceries go so quickly. But we needed a few things and I would rather go there than anywhere, and hoped to see Brandon again as he was off of work for another day. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see him, seems he would rather have slept than to see mom :( geez, what is up with that??? But Frank and I had a great day anyway. We went to Panera's and had some Brocolli soup in a bread bowl and then a German Pastry, which by the way is my new favorite sweet.

I have been craving anything cabbage lately and Frank is planning a Cabbage Soup for me. We have discussed all kinds of ways to make it, with and without potatoes and meat. I was lucky enough to find some of the large green onions today in Meijer's produce section. I think those will be excellent in the soup. But I think I am opting for it without meat. I cannot imagine it being bad either way. Who would have thought Cabbage would be something to crave?

Anyhow, I can't wait for it................smells good already.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year......how funny, i have been craving cabbage too and bought some today. i love it cooked or raw. yummy

1/01/2007 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home