Saturday, December 23, 2006

A True Meaning of Christmas

December 23rd, 2006



Soon it will be Christmas day. I love the holidays. I love the winter. I love the snow although we have not had any yet. I remember the blizzard of '78 and would not mind another...providing I had enough food and heat!! :)
I have to say though I am missing some of my family and friends that have passed on and even though the holidays are a time I love I miss the parts where they were involved. I miss seeing my friend during the holidays. She was always a happy go lucky person and I believed she loved the winter and holidays as much as I did. I miss her laugh when she would call me to wish me Merry Christmas. I miss my Aunt Lissie...I miss the way I would search all year for that one special doll she would love to receive for a gift. I miss fixing her a plate of goodies and I mostly miss her smile. I miss my mom. I don't even know where to begin on that one. I will still be with my dad, brother and his family and my son and husband on Christmas day, but will still miss the way it used to be. Mom liked to have Christmas day to visit with her family so we have tried to carry on the tradition, somewhat. Frank usually likes to go fishing for some quiet time on that day and I think I could use some of that too. This year may be different for him as he might just take a trip to Peru to visit his longtime friend Hank. Regardless of how we choose to spend the day on Monday we all still know that this Christmas season we could all receive the greatest gift that can ever be given. We can open our hearts and let the One who was born in a stable in humility, died on a cross in love, and rose from the dead in power, enter in.





Merry Christmas to all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be a writer! Very well said, and each year the holidays seem to come with yet another void of a loved one. I miss our family get togethers. I miss my brothers, my mom...............Thank God for the memories, we had many. Merry Christmas Dona/Frank Love Sandi

12/24/2006 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home