Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lissie

I came across this picture this weekend. It reminded me of my Aunt Lissie. She loved to collect dolls of any kind. Large or small, it didn't matter. She loved them all and got to have an apartment after she was into her late 60's, where she could display them as she wanted. She had them on her furniture and on her walls, on her bed and even in drawers, she had so many. A relative even made some special shelves with mirrors for her wall for her to display them and that thing was huge and she had it full. I wish I could get all my things out of storage so I can get out my pictures and post some of those pics on here to show just how neat all those shelves with the dolls on them looked. And maybe post a pic of Lissie too. Once we started counting the dolls and got to over 300 and got tired and started laughing that that was sure a weird thing to be doing..counting dolls. Lissie got silly and said if it was sheep we would surely be asleep by 100. I think it was her way of telling me it was nap time as she dived into the dolls we had laid out over her canopy bed, and acted like she was sleeping. Such memories I have of her.

This doll is a miniature doll that only stands about 3 inches tall. I just think its adorable. I do not collect dolls but it reminds me so much of Aunt Lissie I cannot help but want it. Every time I see one of these dolls Frank wants me to buy it...but they are usually expensive and this one is about twenty bucks! I would have bought it with no problem for Aunt Lissie, and Frank knows it and thinks I should get it for myself.......for her.

Now that Lissie is gone every time I see a doll I am reminded of her. As for years when I would see them I would usually buy them for her for special occasions. This particular doll reminded me of her more than usual. Just the big blue eyes and the way its head is turned to one side. That's how I would see her saying goodbye to me as I had to leave each time I would visit her. She would stand at the door just like that, with her head that way, I even think she had some of those big chipmunkey cheeks like that too!

Geez, how I miss her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I miss Aunt Lissie, too! :o(

7/02/2007 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home