Friday, June 15, 2007

Loose Change

Did you ever need some money and wonder where you were going to get it? Well I have to say I have been in that boat too many times...(note I said Boat..not Ship)
After paying over $600 in doctor/hospital bills for me alone last month we got into a pickle this month. I could see our balance in the bank dropping crazy fast and was starting to sweat! I have heard of the term "insurance poor" and I am surely that too but for the last year it seems like I need to say I am "hospital poor" Or does "Medical poor" sound better? Crap, I dunno, but I am poor, regardless.
And of course it seems like whenever you are down to your last dollar, you need two of them. With the gas prices it certainly has been a trip trying to find out how to get what and how you can do several things on one trip somewhere, and even though I usually only go to the grocery at the first of the month....this month I didn't get to do that! And of course we are trying to do some things to this house and you always need something you don't have or can't find. And even though we have tried not to go anywhere, of course Frank had a doctor's appointment yesterday and then today had tests to go get and then I have an appointment next week! So after using my last bit of moolah to get a full tank of gas (at $2.80 per gallon I might add, a nice find) I pondered where to get enough to be able to get through to next Wednesday (payday) and then I just decided to get out my loose change jar (where we throw loose change) and then added some from my wallet, purse and the drink holder in the car, and take it up to the bank. We try to put all our loose change in a jar and have for years...but it never fails we use it up before we can get more than $20 but I always say..that was $20 we didn't have so I am always happy to have that.......once we saved hoping for a vacation..but had to use it and actually got $330 out of it! That has been a few years back but today we were also happily surprised to see what it was going to bring....$70.10 Yippee!!!! As my friend Ammeg would say.
A much needed $70 I might add. So now, not so much sweat as I can see us making it through ok.........geez, did I just say that?.......I need to go knock on wood somewhere, I guess I forgot who I was for a minute. Oh and the 10 cents has been put in the jar for a fresh start for the next disaster.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon you will be hearing from me.....your friend Ammeg.

6/16/2007 1:39 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love loose change! Seems we have it in so many places in the house. If we ever put it all together, we'd be "not so poor" (I wanted to say rich, but it's no where near that much! LOL)

6/18/2007 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home