Tuesday, May 15, 2007

10,000 Maniacs

This is an overdue post but I was brewing about it too much so I wanted to wait a bit before posting. Saturday I went to a couple of yard sales. Yippee. I love going to them and I love having them too. But since being here I have gotten out of the habit, so to speak. I don't think I went to one last year...well maybe one. :) And by Friday last week, I was feeling pretty good and had the urge to go to a yard sale. I went by myself and even though he was kidding and didn't care if I bought anything other than for myself...the last thing Frank said before I left was..."GET ME SOMETHING!"
So I was off. Found myself a few things at only a quarter a pop, and managed to find a friend a thing or two as well. I was happy. My knees gave out but decided on this one last sale. I had never been there before and thought it was worth a try, you never know, you just might hit the jackpot!
And there it was, just as I was leaving....something for Frank! WOW I thought this is cool. He just loves to listen to Natalie Merchant. We came across a couple of cds when living in Indy and although we never heard of her we both loved most of the songs on 2 of her cd's, Tigerlily and Ophelia.....Ophelia being his favorite. We then found out (somehow..I forget now) that she started with 10,000 Maniacs. (yeah we are old) Heck, I am not sure I even heard of them...so we had been wondering for years what or how she sounded with them. So there it was a 10,000 Maniac CD with Natalie on the cover.


See?















So I bought it. I was so happy to have found something that Frank would hopefully enjoy. I got home was excited to show him (yeah I don't get out much) and this is what he found when he opened up the cd case.


Yeah I am an idiot.
OH.......... I already posted that fact!

4 Comments:

Blogger SymplyAmused said...

OMG!!!

5/17/2007 9:22 PM  
Blogger dona said...

You are too funny! :)

5/17/2007 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is hilarious! Goofball, hahaha Anyway, it is the thought that counts. right sandi

5/18/2007 9:05 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Well, I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who has done this!!! Mine was Hootie and the Blowfish. I was SO excited to get that CD and got home and it was empty! Still have the stupid empty case! LOL Guess I can't bare to part with it!

5/21/2007 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home