Friday, October 05, 2007

I Had A Good Time

Its been almost a month since my last post. I had been preparing for a visit from my longtime email friend Ammeg. She and Poppa arrived on September 5th and I could not have been more happy. Finally after 9 years of emailing, there she was, in person. I could not believe it. And Poppa hugged me as if he knew me forever. And gave me 3 kisses. One on each cheek and then again. 3! count em...3! That was too cool. I felt like I was in a foreign movie. I cannot still believe she came here to see me. After the first few minutes of their arrival, I knew it was going to be very hard when they left. It was. Which brings me to why I have not posted anything for a month. I am so depressed. I have had some ups and downs this past few years since being here in this house. I have felt down in a way I have never experienced before coming here. And I feel it again. I don't think I quit crying all the way home after seeing them leave at the airport. And I don't cry much anymore. I miss her. I miss him. So does Shank. We say it every day.

But we had a great time. It was the vacation of a lifetime for me,just like she kept telling me it would be. I enjoyed each and every minute of it. For 10 days I thought of nothing...no laundry, no cleaning, no dishes, no grocery shopping, no bills, no decision making each day for meals for anybody, no decisions on insurance, no decision on anything, no doctor appointments, no bills, no worries at all! And did I say I did not worry about paying bills? Well I didn't! And I worry about that in my sleep.

Anybody who knows me and knows about Ammeg, knows I just think she is the best. They all know of her kindness and generosity. They know how far she came to see me. They all know I just love her and have since the first few months of emailing with her. My only regret is when she was here I never got the chance to introduce her to my whole family. The time just flew by quicker than I ever expected it to. I just wanted to scream at the top of my lungs to each passerby...."HEY LOOK HERE WHO THIS IS, MY FRIEND AMMEG! YAHOOOOEY" But I did not. But I wanted to. :)



We had a lineup of things to do, which seem to fall apart at the last moment as things were closed that I would never have thought would be closed. Is it just me or did everybody know that amusement parks close during the week after Labor day? And whats the deal with going to a flea market where there is only one Flea? (haha I mean stand) but Flea sounded cuter, what can I say...I still crack myself up on occasion) We went to a favorite restaurant that was closed...and they are open 24 hours a day....luckily there are a bunch of those and we found another open...but I could not believe the things that were closed...it became somewhat of a joke between us all. I am glad they had a sense of humor!!! Boy did they ever....I also tried to use my "expertise" in their foreign language, and ended up calling Poppa, a pistol. And he didn't seem to mind...just laughed. There are a lot of things like that, that are etched into our memories forever.

But we finally found a few things open to do and I had a great time. I hope they did too.



But here we are 3 weeks gone and reality has set in quicker than I wanted it to. Frank and I both have had dentist appointments, doctor appointments, we have went to the grocery, made decisions, got stinking calls on the medical bills and yes...we have gotten back to paying the bills too. But we still miss our friends Ammeg and Poppa.


I was ok at the airport on the day of their departure until the last moment when Poppa kissed me goodbye 3 times and said the most wonderful 5 words to me that just made my heart melt.



September 2007 I won't ever forget it. The best time ever!

2 Comments:

Blogger SymplyAmused said...

Awww, sweet. I'm so glad you had a great time visiting. Some memories are just too good to forget. : )

10/08/2007 8:58 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I've so enjoyed hearing the stories and wish I could have got to meet them properly..rather than just on the side of the road!! :)

10/15/2007 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home