Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Little More Steak, Please?

Ok, this was a different kind of Thanksgiving. Nice, but different. A bunch of things that happened were first time things for me. Brother was nice enough to come get Homie and take him to breakfast. So Shank and I went to Walmart. Yeah it was Open. It was Cool...Nobody was there, we had the whole store to ourselves, 2 firsts...(note to self: make this a tradition ) Like I said it was all so far, Nice, but then I knew it would be up to me to figure out what to feed us for the rest of the day, and I didn't get out the Turkey so I was sweatin it, cause I mean like it is Thanksgiving!
Much to my surprise Homie was ready to eat again before 3pm and said he wanted to go out. Now I have Never went out to eat for Thanksgiving. Not that there is anything wrong with it.
But Shank was having a Narcosleepy moment and so I said, HEY lets go. I was hungry. (nothing new)
So we headed off to Golden Corral. Even though we took the last parking place in the lot (yes it was that crowded) It didn't take too long to go through the double line, but all the while we were in line I kept thinking, how the heck will you ever find a seat? I kept asking Homie (even though he had no idea of what I was saying) Will they stop people from coming in when all the seats are full? Yet No one was at the door keeping people from coming in and believe me, they kept on coming. So I was baffled. I was having a hard time standing in the line and I could not for the life of me figure out how I was going to eat standing up with my dish, my knees were already shot. As far as I could see there were no seats to be had. When we finally got up to the cashier I realized how they were doing it. What an Idiot.
They take your money, then pile you up on the other side of the cashier and tell you to wait for a waiter to come seat you! OHHHHH, Ok.....sure, like that poor waitress didn't have enough to do gettin bread, drinks for all the people already eating, but then clean off the tables and come and figure out where she will seat 2, then 7 , then 4 people and so on. OMG.
But, It didn't really take too long. Whew.
And then I had Steak. Yum. It was good. Another thing I have not had on Thanksgiving. I had Steak and Stuffing and some kind of yummy fried apples. Which all was great. The green stuff I put on my plate that I thought was Kale, turned out to be Turnip Greens....not that there is anything wrong with Turnip Greens..go ahead knock yourselves out.....but these tasted like a wet dirty sock.
(don't ask)
Then I opted to get a Caesar salad as I was not going to wait in the line to get a bunch of vegetables or soup or potatoes. But that might have been a better idea, as the Caesar Salad was missing the Caesar Dressing. HUH? What was up with that? Weird.
SO I went and got another piece of Steak. You know Steak for your Salad, Steak for you main course and Steak for your dessert? Good, but I got too full on Steak. I really didn't want to eat today so I would be able to get into a pair of jeans for tomorrow.
Heck, who was I kidding anyway?
I am.......
NuttieR ThaN a FrUiTcaKe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You truly are nuttier than a fruitcake...but that's why I love ya! Thanks for all the Black Friday fun...I can't wait til next year!

11/25/2007 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home