Saturday, November 10, 2007

New Weight Loss Idea

I think Lil Bit is going through some real anxiety problems. Now I am not sure if a dog can go through things such as this...but I don't know why not. I know at 15 she thinks she can do what she pleases, when she pleases..but I never thought she would be so loud. I mean for all of 14 years she did not make too much of a sound, other than the obvious, bark when a visitor came by. Our Cocker Spaniel, Lacey made you notice her. Lil Bit did not, until this past year or so. She is a total opposite of any other dog we have had. She is a one of a kind dog. Lately, we find ourselves catering to her every whim...or should I say whine? She will sit and whine for hours...at first we wondered if she was in pain as she is so old...but we quickly found out that after 14 years of being fed a good portion of food Once a day....Once a day was just NOT going to do anymore. She can easily be fed 3 small dishes of food a day and want snacks in between. If she wants it you better give it or you will be bothered by the whining or pacing until you give in. Now the pacing...thats a whole thing in itself. Thats where I wonder if she has some anxiety. I didn't much know about anxiety until Shankie with his heart attack. After which has come with anxiety. And I have seen him do the pacing when it is bothersome. So I am watching Lil Bit and between the hours of about 3pm til 7pm she starts with the pacing. From the kitchen to the bedroom. Back and forth, sometimes she will go into the bedroom, sometimes just stop at the door. Sometimes she will walk around the dining room table and sometimes she will go under it to walk through. No matter how she does it, its always the same pattern, back and forth through those 3 rooms, until you do something with her. Whether you feed her give her a snack or pick her up and put her in your lap. I counted one night..(yeah not much of a life) and stopped at 70 trips of her going back and forth. 70 Trips, wow I thought when will she quit...and I quit before she did. And then I wondered if maybe instead of just sitting and watching her and counting her trips....I should get my fat butt up and walk with her each nite, maybe I could shed a few pounds? Now there's an idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Well...Lilly does have a drug for dogs with anxiety! I'll find out the name of it if you want and let you know what it is!

11/19/2007 2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home