Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Uncle Moh

That's what I call him, and what I have heard Shankie call him for the past 27 years. He lost his battle with Mesothelioma this past week. We have lost a precious soul. He will be missed.




I had the pleasure of meeting Uncle Moh in the early 80's and will always remember that first meeting. I was a newcomer in a large close knit family and had no idea of what to expect in this first meeting of Shankie's brother in law. It was like going to see my best-est friend in the whole world. It was not like meeting a stranger at all. In fact Shankie's whole family have treated me this way since the beginning. I remember staying a weekend with them and Uncle Moh fixing me the most delicious egg omelet I have ever eaten. In fact I remember him and I eating the whole breakfast that morning ourselves while Shankie just drank a pepsi and his sister had coffee. I remember him asking me at each ingredient he started to put into the omelet if I liked it. Well yeah.....nothing I don't like, but I thought it was so considerate of him to ask me. Thats how I remember him as being so considerate. Nothin like food to bring a couple of food lovers together. He treated me just like family. I will never forget him. I did not get to see him much after 84', except for a summer in 86' and I remember him being just as kind then as he was when we first met. Shank tells me stories galore about him and I feel like I know him just as well as he did and will miss him as much.



God Bless his family and God rest his soul.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, nice job on Uncle Moh. I remember those omelets too!

You have a very nice way with words Dona. Love you Sandi

11/11/2007 1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well..i have alout of uncles but this one was so spichel and undiscribable,i loved him so much and i still do..his famile was my famile ..my untie was as a mom from me..and his kids was as broders and sisters to me.last week we really lost someone importent in our life and we will lovw him to the end of our emtey life with out him..

one of the storyes that no one knows but me when my dad pass away in 1997/10/24 .uncle mohamed (god pleas his soul).toke me from my hand that day..i was only 8 years old.and he looked me to the eyes and the tears was going down and he trying to be strong and not show it to me and he told me not to be fraid..and that he will be always with me and with my mom.and he haged me as no one did before.ohhhh ..i guss he did a great jope and he is sleeping with a big smile in his grave nove.I LOVE MY UNCLE AND I WILL ALWAYS DO.

11/11/2007 6:06 AM  
Blogger SymplyAmused said...

Awww, sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and yours...

11/11/2007 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dona, thank you for the wonderful tribute to my husband. He was unique and he also loved you and Frank so much. He loved all my family. He always used to say you were so special.....he didn't know of anyone who would do for us the things that you did for us. He said he'd never forget it. And he didn't! He would be so proud to know the wonderful tribute to him.

Thank you...... you are a wonderfuld sister in law that I am very proud to have.

11/11/2007 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE ONLY KNOWN DOTTIE AND FAMILY ABOUT 7 MONTHS BUT I FEEL AS THEY ARE A PART OF MY FAMILY AND ADAM IS LIKE ONE OF OUR CHILDREN AND IT HURTS US TO KNOW THAT THEY HAVE LOST SOMEONE THAT IS SO SPECIAL AND DEAR TO THERE HEARTS. MAY GOD BLESS HIS SOUL AND FAMILY.
DOTTIE , PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU.
BEST ABC FRIENDS ALWAYS !!!!

11/11/2007 7:58 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Sounds like an awesome guy! Big hugs to all of you!

11/18/2007 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Mohammed,

He was a cheerful man, he made everyone around him feel safe and happy with his laughter and his presence. Unlce mohammed always had protected me in when i was little, whenever i had done wrong he would stop me and tell me off but the special thing was that whenever uncle mohammed told me off i would listen to him and and always have respected him, he was soo special alhamdullilah wa shukrul illah (thank you allah) for creating someone soo special to me and everyone in the family. Also the time when you all had an eagle uncle mohammed was there feeding it and showing us how it flew and how to treat it. Yahya mentioned about the eagle harmed him accodently and uncle mohammed was there to help him. I remebered when we was all little in libya unlce mohammed would treat us all for an ice cream late at night, and when we all went to the beach one time having a laugh on the beach eating peanut butter and honey!! haha and swimming in the pool they were the days we would never forget about uncle mohammed and the family. The one thing we all remeber unlce mohammed by is of his remarkable behaviour he would act soo much like our dad (abderrazak).
From haithm uncle mohammed would take us all out around in libya and would always take us to the mosque for salah prayers everyday, he used to say islam will take you futher and protect you and will put you in a better place.

there is soo much we could write about uncle mohammed because he was a special soul.

We will never forget what you have done for us uncle and we will always remember you always!! thank you Rest In Peace We all LOVE you!!!

From abdelwahab and brothers including hana my sister

11/18/2007 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home