Monday, October 04, 2010

Twenty Bucks


Some things will never cease to amaze me.


Recently we had the misfortune of having to replace all 4 tires on the Vehicle. Just one of those things you Have to do that you really are never prepared to do..or pay for. This is the first time we have had to pay this much for tires. And as usual we didn't have it, but managed. After researching for several days, maybe even weeks, we decided to buy locally. It worked out to be about the same no matter where we went. The local guy is also our go~to repair man. He was nice enough to even give us a rebate that he had already filled out for us as well. We didn't even know there was a rebate. $20 is not quite what I would have loved to have after spending over $700, but hey twenty bucks is twenty bucks.

So I can't tell you how surprised and pissed off I was when I got a letter from the company turning down my rebate, citing I was past the expiration date on the rebate form. A lousy 3 days late, for a lousy twenty bucks. (yes, now the twenty bucks is lousy) Now I pride myself on when I do send in rebates to read them over and over and then just before I put it all in the envelope to send, look it over once more. I am a pessimist, & forever skeptical about everything. I know there is nothing for free. I know if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't. So I always check and double check.

This time I didn't. If I had, I am sure I would not have sent in the form. But the guy at the shop had been so nice to fill it out for us and stapled all the necessary information together to send in. He knows our situation and I know he was doing what he could to help us even if it was only going to be twenty bucks. He knew we didn't have the money to buy the tires (considering how we paid for it) and I am sure was thankful too we bought from him. So I didn't check. I just sent it all in.

Which brings me to my amazement. As I said I was pissed. I usually don't act on my anger but recently I have found that if I am hurt or angry I am doing something about it other than sit and stew and make myself sick wishing I had said or done something. I can't say you should always act when you are hurt or angry as you may sometimes say some things you are not proud of or you may say something you really didn't want to say and in the process hurt someone else. I never intend to hurt anyone. I never intend to be nasty or mean. But I have to say, in the most recent past, I am ok with what I have said or done after being hurt yet again. And for this particular event I wrote a letter to the tire company of my disappointment, which I read over to make sure I wasn't just writing a letter in anger, and it wasn't nasty or mean, and I sent it.


About 7 days later I received a twenty dollar check in the mail..................Amazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger SymplyAmused said...

You go girl!!!

10/17/2010 3:34 PM  
Blogger dona said...

Hahaha....Thanks!

10/17/2010 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home