Saturday, February 25, 2012

Kindness During Life


After several weeks of the warmer weather this winter has brought to us, the last couple of days have been brutally cold......or am I just becoming a wimp at the slightest change in temperature?


Regardless, due to the cold, I stayed in mostly today working still on my endless findings of yard sale material. I found a Bible, which I believe was my Aunt Lissie's. In it was a typed poem, or what I thought was a poem, as it seemed to rhyme a bit. I like when I find something my mom or my Aunt Lissie wrote or thought was important enough to keep. So I thought I would share, as I found it cute and it seem to be my thoughts exactly. Enjoy.


I would rather have one little rose
from a garden of a friend

Than to have the choicest flowers
when my stay on earth must end.

I would rather have one pleasant word in kindness said to me,
than flattery when my heart is still and life has closed to me.

I would rather have a loving smile from friends I know are true,
than tears shed round my casket when this world I've bid adieu.

Bring me all your flowers today, whether pink or white or red,
I'd rather have one blossom now, than a truckload when I'm dead.

2 Comments:

Anonymous anna said...

that was just beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with me.. i have always felt that way too. Love your sister.

2/29/2012 12:40 PM  
Blogger William J. said...

It is just beautiful. Very touching.

3/04/2012 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home