Sunday, November 05, 2006

Mom

Well this is a day I will never forget...the second year since my mother died. She had a long battle with cancer but it didn't show its real ugly face until the last 10 months of her life. Its funny for the last two years I have had this slideshow of pictures in my mind of my mom going on over and over. But for some reason the last several days it hasn't been present. Where was that pale fresh face with the big smile? Why couldn't I hear her laugh? But mostly why couldn't I hear the way she called my name? Were the memories and pictures gone forever? But then all of a sudden this morning it hit me while in church, this is the day, of course it was a Friday, that she died. I was in church and the preacher mentioned something in Psalms and thats all it took as I remember reading Psalms 23 to her that last morning. I miss her. I miss her smile, the way she smelled, the way no matter what, I could do no wrong in her eyes. I think about her each and every day and hope she is watching over me and approves of the way I am trying to care for dad. I also know she is telling me "I told you so" over and over when he does something she would tell me about oh so often. Well, mom, I will love you always and I am sure Cathy, Aunt Lissie, Aunt Ellene and Aunt Vera are keeping you company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home