Saturday, December 30, 2006

Platypus

Ok, so its that time again, I have a cold sore...right in the middle of my top lip. It came from out of no-where last night. I ran my teeth across my upper lip and OUCH, what was that? That crazy awful tingling sensation, then the dread you feel as you know you will have to look in the mirror, cause you just know what's going to happen next. I used to have some of these awful things when I was a little girl. Then nothing for years, then once when I first met my husband, I had to get one. I would have rather had a pimple or a bad hair day. This one got so big he took one look at me and called me a Platypus. What? Yeah, a Platypus. I honestly had no idea of what a Platypus was. He had to get a picture of one to show me what he meant. I could not believe it. I actually DID look like one of these mammals with with the large extended duck-like bill. I mean what am I going to do? Sit in the house and play on the computer, watch tv, play my nintendo ds (since "B" got me some cool new brain games)blog and eat cabbage soup? I mean that sounds better than going out in public and having the next guy look at me like..what the heck is on HER lip?

I have had the good fortune however, to not get one of these things in over 20 years. Until now. Boom! Bang! And did it come through with a vengeance. I have forgotten how long they even last and what all it takes to try to get rid of them. So I am overdosing on the lysine, putting on the creams, and trying to freeze off the sucker with some ice. And I tried all that last night! All it seemed to do was to make it grow even faster and bigger!

SO What else is new?

Its been a lousy 2006 anyhow, so I might as well go out with a Bang.......or would that be a PLATYPUS?

Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and Frank are so funny, it takes too much time for me to remember my login stuff. saandi

1/01/2007 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home