Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cotton Ball Head

Well this is a funny story if your name is not Frank.

A couple of days ago Frank hit his head and now has a nasty looking hole on the top of his head. I have been watching it and making sure to keep it cleaned. This morning as he was heading out for church I noticed it was bleeding. I grabbed some peroxide and tried to stop it. It was time for him to leave and he just said grab me something to dab it while I am on my way. I did. I grabbed a cotton ball and soaked it with peroxide. He left.

(Here comes the funny part.)

I guess he just placed the cotton ball on his head and left it there while driving to church, and forgot about it. He went in and sat down and said he was noticing a lot of people actually turning and looking at him. He thought it was odd and looked over himself to make sure he was buttoned and zipped up! He said he talked to a few different people and then about 20 minutes passed and just before the service started Neil came by and asked him what the cotton ball was for. Frank said he paused for a minute before realizing what cotton ball he was talking about. He says everything is just a blur from that moment.

Frank is not completely bald, but as he puts it...he does have a bald head. (I don't care what is on his head, I love it, as it's all a part of who he is)

So anyone who happens to stop by and read this, he does know all I am putting on here and does not care...it made him laugh about it and got him through the day. (I am not making fun of his lack of hair)

But as he explained it all to me this morning I did feel the humiliation he must have felt. I mean really....why could not that first person who saw him just say "HEY, what happened to your head, dude"? I mean it's like when you have spinach or a piece of food or a big black seed stuck in your teeth (not that that has ever happened to me) it seems nobody has enough respect for you to tell you, "HEY GET THAT OUTTA YO TOOTH"! But as he put it....why didn't somebody say something..anything, when they saw the Bald Headed Guy, with a big Cotton Ball on top of his head, coming in the door? My only response was...I dunno?

He was upset a bit and we went for a drive to get his mind off it. I had my window down and a big spider looking butt ugly bug flew in at me and I slapped at it and it winded up on my lap...I reached down and plucked it up with my fingers and threw it out the window all the while it was wiggling and felt kinda sticky......EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW
Frank looked over at me and said, "You got more balls than me!"


I said, "Evidently not....you got cotton balls comin out yo head!!!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

BALD GUYS ARE COOL!!!!!! (love ya, Frankie!!!!)

5/15/2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger SymplyAmused said...

hahaha ...poor Frank!!! Bald is in!! : )

5/16/2007 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home