Friday, July 13, 2007

Just cooling off

No I am not going to vent on anything..I actually am just "cooling" off. Been out in the heat mowing and trying to prune some of the branches that get in my way while I am trying to mow. Each time I mow I tell myself to go back and do that before the next mow...but heck, who am I kidding? Got a little too hot as I managed to get the Kubota stuck in the ditch. Why was I in the ditch you ask? Well Shankie told me to go that way and was watching traffic as there really has been zero traffic down the street all morning...Of course until I decided to drive out into the street. I was going to drive up and get the pruner and he just thought that would be a quicker way...besides I had to pee too.....a little pit stop was in order. It would have been a real quick trip if I had not gotten stuck and I would not have gotten stuck if 6 cars hadn't decided to plow down the road just when I entered the ditch! OK so we tried everything, but with me and NO strength whatsoever an Shank and his broken wrist...that dude was not budging. And what is it with people stopping to stare but not ask if you need any help? I would of course said no thank you but I mean I bet within 20 minutes over 100 cars had driven by and slowed down to look at our situation.
We decided to get a shovel and dig our way out when we hear a Dixie Chopper be-boppin its way towards us...I thought ok now this is all I need some guy laughing at us as he drives by. But he was ready to help! WOW! WHAT?
Yeah he had a wench, rope kinda thingy and just as he drove by he yells "I GOT IT!" and proceeds to hook us up and dragged us outta the ditch! Whatever I said about that guy before....ummm I take it back. He is the neighbor who after me living her for 4 years has never spoken one word to either Shank or I. He even never waves back if we see him out as we drive by and we wave to him. Heck he had on a pair of earphone thingys so to not hear...or maybe he was listening to music...but still how did he know we were stuck? If he had those on I know he didn't hear Shank and me laughing...yeah we were laughing not hollering obscenities. Geez what are you thinking?
:)

Still it goes to show I guess I should not judge people...maybe he was one of those who drove by and accessed the situation and just went home and decided to do something about it and be a nice guy. WOW, still some left in the world.

Also goes to show you just how many people watch us here on this property. More people around town know more about our business than we do.
Ok cooled off now so I gotta go trim some flags, weed the garden, water the flowers and garden do a little dead heading.....man the excitement is killing me.
Have a great Friday the 13th to all!

2 Comments:

Blogger SymplyAmused said...

I haven't been online much this week. Taking a break while I was on vacation. I hope things are better for you now (referring to your previous post) and also, stay out of ditches!!! grins

7/15/2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I would have helped! I've been stuck so many times when I've mowed!

7/15/2007 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home