Sunday, November 25, 2007

Some Girl Time

Ok, so it has been a while since my last post. Not that I didn't have anything to say. I am guessing I have been just too busy to stop and take the time to post...yeah that's it. Too busy.



I got the pleasure of going shopping on Black Friday this year. I say pleasure, as I got to go with my sister in law, Kim. I don't think I would have just gone shopping that day on my own. Something I have never done, gone shopping on Black Friday. She invited me to go along with her and some of her scrap booking friends. Kind of a "girly day out" if you will. So I was in like Flinn. Being the mother of a boy, the step mother of a boy and living in a house with 2 men, I seemed to be surrounded by men all the time. I have no girlfriends and the time I used to spend in "girly land" is far and few between anymore since for more than 4 years now. So even though I knew none of the other 5 girls going, and the fact that I was going to have to don a look alike T-shirt with them all...I opted to go along. I mean, what the heck, an adventure is an adventure, you won't know what you are missing unless you have experienced it, and besides...it was going to be a T-Shirt and it was Black. How could I not go, I mean it was my color.


We left about 3 am and got to Kohl's as our first stop by 4 am. I could not believe my eyes when I saw there were no parking spots available..........anywhere. It was unreal. Did I mention I have never done this before? I mean I think I went to something called "Midnight Madness" at a place called Zayre back in the 70's, when I was in my early 20's, and I thought that was a little crazy, but this was just down right nutty. (Hence, why our shirts were labeled "Nuttier Than a Fruitcake") You would have thought I would have gotten some kind of hint by that......But, noooooooo.....



I could go into great detail of the days events, as it was great fun but I think maybe to just highlight a few things will be best.



We walked for what seemed like a couple of miles in the dark going from
Kohl's after we saw the checkout line was the entire length of the store wrapped around in a circle, over to the mall, passing campers along the way from the night before for Best Buy...now there were some nuts!



I ate part of an
Auntie Anne's pretzel stick around 5 am.



We were hungry for lunch at 9:30 am as we witnessed others eating Chinese at the food court.



I stood in the longest line imaginable at the Disney store for the other Fruitcakes



I was on a Fox 59 Live News broadcast around 5:30 am, (cause of our Look alike T-Shirts)(and because we asked to be on)


I said nothing, I was like that of a deer caught in the headlights, when the camera light came on.


Actually, I do remember telling the other
Fruitcake to talk as I was drawing a blank


She rattled on for what seemed like an hour, but it was just a few seconds, while I stood next to her, Smiling (I ONLY HOPE) and sticking out my chest to show off the words on my T-shirt, constantly, just in case the camera man didn't notice it the first time


If that wasn't enough they then asked us all (6) to stick around for an interview for a later broadcast, which we did and I still was frozen, but smiling and holding up my Survival bag, that Kim made for each of us


We shopped and shopped and luckily I never dropped, I managed to keep up with them. (The wonder of pain pills)


One of the girls actually bought a Wii system out of some guy's truck in the parking lot



We later went a little Stir Crazy for lunch


and even later Paid a fortune for Valet service for The Cheesecake Factory, only to eat our Cheesecake in the car


It was great fun I only wish I had remembered to take my camera




But I am thinking for one moment while it was just Kim and me and we needed to go to the restroom like real bad and the women's restroom was full with a never ending line, I remembered just then I had a camera on my cell phone that would be just the trick for me to catch this moment.....















Sorry Kim........


But thanks for a fun day!






(oops...almost forgot... we scored some cool freebies that day too!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I am so glad you went, I had an awesome time with you! Your story of the day is PERFECT!!! I'm already counting the days until next Black Friday...oh, but we've already got a shopping trip planned in a couple of weeks...and then our annual Day After Christmas Extravaganza...do we need shirts???????? Love ya!

12/09/2007 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home