Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Gravy Boat


After eating I felt a little refreshed to walk around some, then exercise, and then now to sit so I can take advantage of it and post some thoughts. My mom loved dainty things...as the years went on after her first bout with cancer, one of her arms got increasingly weak. She always had dishware that was what I would call "dainty". In the collections there would always be the sugar bowl, creamer, butter dish and always a "gravy boat". But the ones she loved so much were getting too heavy for her to handle, so she would frequent yard sales to find that perfect set of dishes that she would be able to handle easily. She went through several over the years only to settle on this last one. I find it terribly ugly. The color isn't me either..But it wasn't for me. She loved it and that was all that mattered...I don't really think she got to use it too much. Tonight my husband made dinner as he has since my surgery, and he made homemade gravy. Yum was it good. He got that talent from his mom..(the gravy making, as she was a good cook and her gravy was excellent) As he was making it he asked what he could put it into for the dinner table. I said to him that any old bowl would do, and tried to look up into the cabinet for one such bowl...and there it was...the gravy boat. The last collection mom got included a gravy boat. I didn't even know it was there. Now that we know we will use it more often. SO mom, if you are watching, this one's for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home